Environment Friendly InitiativesShalum`s Bed and breakfast is an eco –friendly facility as we are committed to making our planet green and reducing our global carbon footprint.
Shalum`s bnb has found an ideal balance of sustainable practices -- while sacrificing nothing in modern style, luxurious amenities and first-class service. As a valued guest of Shalum, we invite you to join us in going green, and encourage you to participate in our program whenever possible. From recycling waste to using environmentally-friendly light bulbs, we can make a difference.
We believe and follow the saying – Save the planet today and survive tomorrow. To insure a more sustainable future we have put in place a host of eco-friendly initiatives, designed to protect our environment and reduce our global footprint. These are—
- We use energy saving CFL bulbs in all our light points / lamps.
- We avoid the use of plastic bags as much as possible.
- We have put individual geysers for hot water in each bathroom so they work only on demand as opposed to putting one big geyser for the whole house which uses up more energy.
- We try to buy locally produced fruits and vegetables as much as possible - this reduces the use of fuel in transportation.
- We try to purchase products in bulk as this saves on packaging material as opposed to smaller individual packets and we also avoid over packaged products.
- We encourage our guests to participate in the green programme by conserving water and electricity in different ways.
- Linen and towel reuse program offered to guests for multiple night stay.
- As far as possible environmentally friendly chemicals are used in cleaning
- Regular donation of old sheets, linens etc
- We use recycled paper for everyday use as much as possible.
- We have used non toxic paints on our walls, being organic in nature, these colorants are environment friendly and free of mercury cadmium and lead.
- Most of our waste products like paper, newspapers, glass bottles are given away for recycling.